Virgin Australia have released some very basic images of a new premium economy seat product which will be unveiled on their 777 later on this year. Whist the actual hard product is still under wraps, the actual statistics are what are a little more interesting. The airline has increased its seat pitch to a generous 41″ and the cabin has been reduced from 5 rows to purely just three, offering a very intimate cabin of 24 guests.
Virgin Australia Chief Customer Officer Mark Hassell said: “We understand that Premium Economy guests want to arrive at their destination feeling refreshed and taken care of. We have therefore designed a more spacious and comfortable Premium Economy cabin and product, with a service that many other airlines reserve for their Business Class.”
“The Premium Economy cabin itself will be more spacious and comfortable, with more legroom than any other Australian airline and new cushioned seating to make the journey more restful.” But its the service offering that will set Virgin Australia apart from its competitors, bringing themselves inline with Air New Zealand and Qantas’ best bits.
Guests will be able to choose different variations of their meals, with different garnishes, along with the time and speed of service. Another new element, and becoming an increasingly popular, a new Premium Larder exclusively for Premium Economy guests situated at the rear of the cabin will be replenished throughout the flight, stocked with an assortment of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, light meal options and snacks. We also love the fact the generous baggage allowance of 64kgs hasn’t changed too.
The Highlights of Virgin Australia’s New Premium Economy
- An exclusive and intimate cabin size of 24 seats
- A seat pitch of 41 inches, with more legroom than any other Australian airline
- A plated meal service inspired by business class, tailored to the guest and accompanied by a selection of beers, spirits and wines from our Business Class cellar
- Gourmet hot beverage selections including espresso style coffee
- A Premium Larder for self-service food and beverages for the exclusive use of Premium Economy guests
- Crew trained in Premium service
- Dedicated check-in, Priority Boarding and Priority baggage (up to 64kg of baggage), enabling guests to speed through airport formalities
- In-seat power plus a USB outlet for charging personal electronic devices
- Amenity packs with luxurious blankets, pillows and REN Skincare products.