In mid June, Air France opened up a new and improved regional lounge in the heart of Bordeaux-Mérignac airport designed by Brandimage. Whether passengers are travelling to Metropolitan France or have a connection on to an international flight from the hub at Paris-Charles de Gaulle, all eligible customers can now enjoy a real designer haven to wait for their flight. Catering for 36 Air France – KLM daily flights, the lounge, situated in Hall B, is well appointed at 180 square metres and has seating for 60 passengers.
This is the first lounge to be completely renovated with a new architectural concept and differing from the Paris-Charles de Gaulle hub, the space has a much less formal, younger and more cafe-culture approach to it. Featuring swathes of relaxing chairs, the space follows the latest lounge trend of offering a variety of areas suited for passengers trying to claim their own private personal space. A large guest table also allows busy travelers with only a few minutes to spare to enjoy a coffee or a snack. There are also large work tables and a collaborative area, for customers to concentrate, talk and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi access provided by Orange covering the entire lounge.
Being Air France, catering is important. The standard lounge offering has been completely redesigned and has been adapted to the time of day, with biscuits in the morning, mini-sandwiches and savoury canapés at mealtimes and cakes and sweet biscuits at tea time. Throughout the day, hot and cold drinks are also available. Bordeaux wines are also available late afternoon. Renewed regularly over the months and seasons, customers can discover different regional wines, in cooperation with the Interprofessional Council of Bordeaux wines.
Passengers also have access to a variety of magazines and newspapers, both in print and on their tablet, thanks to the inclusion of ‘Air France Press’, the airline’s latest innovation to provide passengers with a wealth of titles to read for their flights. The airline’s digital media is available from anywhere in the world beginning 30 hours before a flight and up to the departure time. Passengers can download and view these items before, during and after their flight.
- A personalized welcome by Air France agents, to assist each customer within the framework of his/her trip;
- A relaxation and work area and a large convivial guest table;
- A completely new catering offer, including a selection of Bordeaux wines available late afternoon
- Free Wi-Fi;
- A wide choice of regional, national and international press, as well as many available for download from the Air France Press App on smartphone and tablet;
- An ideal location in hall B, near the boarding gates;
- High-end furnishings and contemporary decor with furniture exclusively created for Air France, an architectural concept designed by Brandimage, a design and branding consulting agency;
- Access reserved for HOP! Air France SkyTeam Elite Plus (Flying Blue Platinum, Flying Blue Gold) customers and La Première and Business customers with a connection at Paris-Charles de Gaulle.