SkyTeam has officially opened its latest branded lounge at Vancouver International Airport. This marks SkyTeam’s first lounge in the Americas and seventh worldwide including Dubai, Hong Kong and Beijing. The new lounge, which features a similar design found in its companion lounges across the globe is “designed to offer SkyTeam customers a high-end, pre-flight experience and features a wide range of amenities, including locally sourced food and beverages,” states the press release.
Spread over 528 square-metres the lounge is comprised of two separate wings and
floor-to- ceiling windows with panoramic views of the runway and mountains in the distance. The lounge is situated close to luxury retail outlets by Gate 53 in the all-new Duty Free area in the International Terminal.
“Vancouver is a key SkyTeam gateway between the rest of Canada, the United States, Asia and Europe. A shared lounge enables our members to offer an elevated airport experience to their top customers, while strengthening our brand in the market,” said Perry Cantarutti, SkyTeam’s CEO. SkyTeam’s Vancouver lounge is available to Elite Plus, First and Business Class customers.
- A buffet that provides a taste of what Vancouver has to offer, including hot and cold
meals created using fresh local produce and West Coast smoked salmon
- Noodle bar for made-to-order meals cooked by an in-house chef
- Wide range of beverages, including beers from local microbreweries and a selection of wines from local vineyards
- Seating for 126 guests across two wings where customers can catch up with work in a dedicated business area or watch the latest news in a separate TV room
- Showers with all the amenities needed to freshen up pre-flight
“Vancouver Airport prides itself on offering exceptional customer experiences and we are thrilled to now have a SkyTeam branded lounge as another premium amenity available to passengers travelling through our airport,” said Scott Norris, Vice President of Commercial Development, Vancouver Airport Authority. “We are proud that SkyTeam chose YVR as their first North American location to showcase their lounge product. This demonstrates our strong partnership and reinforces that YVR is internationally recognized as a top airport.”