American Express and MAG USA (parent company of Escape) have just announced the opening of The Centurion and Escape Lounges at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
Located in the airport’s Terminal 4 the lounges will cater to passengers flying with Air Canada, American Airlines, British Airways, Condor, Southwest, Volaris and WestJet. The new lounge complex spans over 9,500 square feet, with the two side-by-side locations featuring a shared entrance, separate reception areas, specialty cocktails and fresh locally-inspired cuisine.
“Our premium Card Members tell us that lounge access is the number one travel benefit they’re looking for, so we’re excited to bring two world class lounge experiences to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport,” said Alexander Lee, Vice President of Loyalty and Benefits at American Express. Lee added, “The Centurion Lounge in Phoenix is our 10th location and builds on the ongoing growth of our lounge access with plans to open five more Centurion Lounges in airports around the world.”
“MAG USA is thrilled to help bring to life both of these premium lounges in Phoenix Sky Harbor,” said Martin Jones, CEO of MAG USA. “We look forward to this collaboration and bringing a new and exciting experience to Phoenix travellers.”
Being Arizona, both the Centurion Lounge and Escape Lounge will naturally feature Mexican cuisine inspired food menus curated by Chef Doug Robson, executive chef and co-owner of Phoenix’s top Mexican restaurants Gallo Blanco and Otro Cafe. The menus will include a range of dishes such as eggs and chorizo, tortilla soup, pollo asado with a tamarind glaze, roasted cauliflower with harissa and a masala galam yogurt sauce, and more.
The Centurion Lounge
In addition to the premium food menu from Chef Robson, the new Centurion Lounge in Phoenix will offer Platinum Card and Centurion Members and their guests access to premium amenities and services including:
● A complimentary full bar with custom cocktails created by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan and wine selections handpicked by renowned wine authority Anthony Giglio
● Floor-to-ceiling windows with expansive internal and external views
● Essentials for business and leisure travelers alike, including dedicated workspaces, power outlets, private phone areas, comfortable seating and access to high-speed Wi-Fi
The Escape Lounge
Platinum Card and Centurion Members receive complimentary access to the Escape Lounge as part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection. Non-Card Members can also access the Escape Lounge for a fee. The new Escape Lounge will offer visitors premium amenities including:
● Local chef-curated menu featuring premium food options and seasonal changes
● Unique Phoenix-inspired cocktails courtesy of head mixologist Sarah McElroy*
● Local wines, beers and spirits, coffee, and espresso*
● Silent digital library, with noise cancelling Bose headphones and free access to over 7,000 publications from over 120+ countries courtesy of PressReader
● Children activity packs, including Escape Lounge’s Kids Crew puzzles, colouring book and crayons