Garuda Indonesia has had a resurgence in the past few years, and as part of their ‘Quantum Leap’ program announced last year, Garuda have re-launched both their first class product (whilst other carriers continue to remove their products) and ‘executive’ business class. Now available to purchase on their new 777 fleet, the product is of an international standard. Garuda announced in their press release “Our new Boeing 777-300ER will provide you with highly exclusive First Class suites that will maximize your in-flight pleasure. With our world-class service, that includes pre-flight assistance, your First Class experience starts even before you leave your doorstep. Excellent services and facilities will continue to cater you during the flight to ensure you have the most delightful journey.”
Whilst these stunning visuals are purely computer generated, we now know from looking at other first class suites, such as the Jet Airways, Singapore Airlines or Emirates, that the finished product will be almost identical to what you see here. What still isn’t clear is the images show the 1 x 2 x 1 suites in a small intimate cabin that seems to only house 4 suites, yet the press release mentions there will be 8 seats in first class, as does their YouTube video, This leads to the question, are they separating the two rows out in mini cabins? If so, this will be of a great appeal, similar in appeal to ‘Row 5’ on Virgin Australia’s 777 fleet.
The first class suites offer all the comfort of an international first class product, including:
• Access to Garuda Indonesia’s new First Class Lounge at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK), and First Class Lounges of our airline partners worldwide
• 8 First Class suites with 82” seat pitch and 22”seat width, which can be converted into full-flat bed with mattress
• Personalized fine-dining cuisine concept with a Chef on-board, ready to present you with an array of diverse delicacies. Enjoy Indonesian regional festival degustation, Japanese Kaiseki or European ala Carte.
• Audio Video on Demand (AVOD) in-flight entertainment system, displayed on a 23.5” touch screen LCD
• In-flight connectivity (GSM & WiFi). Enjoy our complimentary WiFi access.
• Specially tailored luxurious amenities
We feel that this firmly places Garuda Indonesia as a carrier of choice for 2013. Their new connecting route on the 777 from London to Sydney now also provides an alternative option for a luxurious way to travel on the still much in demand “Kangaroo” route. With it’s continuing efforts to improve its image, now is the time to experience an airline that seems to understand luxury and what a passenger really wants, whether in economy, business class or first class, and we look forward to travelling with them in the near future, and when we do, expect a full report first here!