Virgin Atlantic managed to top the polls in the CoolBrands List. The CoolBrands List has been running for 11 years and has featured the sexy red airline rather a lot. Sir Richard Branson’s airline was one of only two airlines to place, along with British Airways, However Virgin Atlantic placed 8th coolest brand in the UK this year, not just the only airline but the only Travel brand to feature in the Top 20.
The CoolBrands list follows a vote by a combination of just under 3,000 consumers and a panel of 39 designers, style experts, media personalities and prominent figures from the worlds of TV, fashion and music. Helping rate coolness this year were the likes of Radio 1 DJ, Gemma Cairney, fashion blogger, Susie Bubble, hip-hop duo, Rizzle Kicks, celebrity chef, Gizzi Erskine, and musician, actor and director, Plan B.
Simon Lloyd, Director of Marketing for Virgin Atlantic commented: “We are delighted to be recognised as one of the UK’s coolest brands and to be the only travel company named in this list is such an honour. Virgin Atlantic is always looking to innovate in order to stand out from the crowd and this year alone we have redesigned our Upper Class cabin with a new seat and new bar, opened a new Clubhouse in New York JFK, and launched two new routes to Cancun and Vancouver. Before the year is out we will be opening a new Clubhouse in Newark and also adding a new service to Mumbai.”
Impressively, co-ordinated by The Centre for Brand Analysis, the prestigious CoolBrands list was drawn from over 10,000 independently identified brands and whittled down into a shortlist of 1,200.
The Top 20 List
1. Apple Technology – General
2. YouTube Music & Movie Streaming
3. Aston Martin Automotive
4. Twitter Social Media
5. Google Media – Networks, Platforms & Providers
6. BBC iPlayer Music & Movie Streaming
7. Glastonbury Attractions & The Arts – Events
8. Virgin Atlantic Travel – General
9. Bang & Olufsen Technology – Audio
10. Liberty Retail – General
11. Sony Technology – General
12. Bose Technology – Audio
13. Häagen-Dazs Food – Ice-Cream & Desserts
14. Selfridges Retail – General
15. Ben & Jerry’s Food – Ice-Cream & Desserts
16. Mercedes-Benz Automotive
17. Vogue Media – Magazines
18. Skype Media – Networks, Platforms & Providers
19. Nike Sportswear & Equipment
20. Nikon Technology – General
Did Virgin Atlantic feature in DesignAir’s Top 10 Coolest Airline Brands 2012?
Book your ticket now with Virgin Atlantic by visiting www.virginatlantic.com